In the last blog, we told you about how important SEO is for an e-commerce website.
Since you have got the “WHY?”, then dive in to know the “How?”.
In this blog, we will go through the intricacies of SEO for an e-commerce website.
Let’s get started.
But first, let’s go through the fundamentals that are required before starting SEO for an e-commerce website.
- Create unique content for your website by doing keyword research in an appropriate manner.
- Keep your website clutter-free and make it easy for users to navigate and buy your products.
- Interlinking is a must for effective SEO and should be implemented in a smooth manner.
- Use “alt text” in images. To explain it properly, you should give an alternate text to the images used on the website for SEO purposes.
- Enable easy social sharing to grow your visibility and backlinks to boost SEO.
Check on all these pointers and dive in to know how to do SEO for your e-commerce website.
1. Use the Right Keywords:
Yes, keywords are the core of any SEO activity.
But not every type of keyword supports SEO activities for an e-commerce website.
To implement a proper SEO strategy for an e-commerce website, you should understand the keyword intent. So here are the type of keywords that should be used in your website:
- “Buy (product name)”: If a person wants to buy a camera, he/ she will search “buy a camera” on Google. This is a direct search query of a buyer.
- “How do I” Keywords: These keywords are used by buyers who want to know something about a particular task or thing. They need information on the products. Here, keywords such as “Facts about (product name)” or “Information on (Product Name)” can also be used as a keyword
Above mentioned keyword type shows the intent of a potential buyer. Hence, these kinds of keywords should be used in an e-commerce website.
To get more information on keywords, you can also use Google Analytics or Analyse SERP to understand the type of searches people are doing.
An e-commerce website is not only about the product pages, but it’s about the content on these pages or the home pages. Use the right keyword and drive high organic traffic to these pages with ease.
For better results, use long-tail keywords as it helps in ranking. It works great for competitive niches and has an increased conversion rate.
Go by the intent of the user while integrating a keyword plan because that’s what will help you rank on top of SERP when people want to buy something.
2. Optimize Product Pages:
People are going to make buying decisions from the product pages, hence you need to optimize them to the maximum.
Here are some pointers that you should follow:
- Give detailed product descriptions with the appropriate keywords. This will help the page rank whenever people are looking for that particular product.
- Add good quality images with alt text to make your page rank even on Google’s images section.
- Include customer reviews for better SEO performance and building credibility.
- Give a proper CTA button that is well understood and clickable.
For an e-commerce website, the product page forms the crux. Hence, optimise it properly to get the best results on SERP.
3. User-friendly Website:
E-commerce websites should be user-friendly to rank high on SEO aspects. The UX of the website should help them shop easily and efficiently. Some of the few aspects of user-friendly websites are as follows:
- The page speed of the website should be high. It’s one of the most important aspects that affect SEO.
- It should be optimised well for both desktop and smartphone for a better experience.
- The website should be clutter-free and easy to navigate.
To stress the last point, e-commerce websites should use breadcrumbs to provide better navigation to a user. Breadcrumbs allow buyers to navigate through a category easily and help them check out different products seamlessly.
4. Schema Markups:
Schema markups help in producing snippets that can rank on SERP. They are basically HTML tags giving additional information regarding the website.
Additional information about the website can rank high on SERP allowing buyers to come to the website.
Following are the kind of schema that can be used by an e-commerce website:
- Product Schema: It allows buyers to discover new products on the website in search queries. It’s an extension of the products or services listed on the website.
- Review Schema: Reviews posted on your website can rank on SERP with the help of this schema. It allows buyers to directly see the product reviews on SERP.
- Product Availability Schema: Buyers can view the products that are available at that moment with the help of this schema. These usually contain the name of the product, price, images, and other additional information regarding the product.
- Price Schema: Buyers can view the prices of the products on the e-commerce website with the help of this schema. They can also explore the price range and choose accordingly.
5. Link Building:
Link building is one of the most important aspects of SEO activity. You should focus on link building with on-page as well as off-page activities.
Internal links and backlinks help build the domain score of the website, thus helping in ranking effortlessly.
Following are the ways for doing link building:
- Do Press Release
- Share Content on Social Media
- Guest Posts
- Social Media Ads
- Using content forums to give information regarding the products
- Issuing whitepapers and case studies
- Creating infographics and sharing them on relevant websites
Every company is an internet company and people find them on Google’s SERP. Hence, optimising for those results is a must.
We hope the above-mentioned pointers help you achieve your SEO targets and propel you to the top of SERP.
Apart from this, we would like to conclude with a phrase- “Content is the King.”
Therefore, create quality content with all of the mentioned tips to get the best out of Google’s SERP.
Help people buy the best.