Thinking about Shopify alternatives? Consider these top 7 competitors to build your next online store in 2023
Hey creative entrepreneurs!
Are you in the process of creating your online store to showcase your products and offerings?
You would have definitely heard about Shopify, the most popular eCommerce platform in the world.
But is Shopify your ultimate savior?
The answer is a BIG NO.
Shopify is not the go-to-eCommerce platform for everyone out there.
- The hefty fees Shopify charges its users
- Limited Search Engine Optimization ability
- Entrepreneurs need to understand the know-how of coding.
- Not suitable for ones who are on the verge of beginning their online business.
There is not just one alternative for eCommerce platforms, but a plethora of options to choose the IDEAL one fit for your business.
1. Best Shopify Alternative is Typof
Typof is the new-age eCommerce platform which is easier than using Canva.
You might think, if it's simpler, how can it be powerful at the same time? That’s the magic of Typof. It neither has set up fees nor charges transaction fees.
Fully transparent system. Typof does not require coding or web development skills. Everything right from a website, hosting, inventory management, and drop shipping to content marketing and payment flexibility;
Typof has most of the advanced features you would need. It does not stop here. You get 24/7 technical support from their team, not just the documentation and FAQs like most of the eCommerce platforms.
- Built-in SEO tools that can help improve your website's search engine rankings and visibility.
- A platform that supports a better user experience, which can lead to more sales conversions and customer retention.
- Faster loading website that ensures your customers have a seamless shopping experience.
- Less dependence on third-party tools, which can simplify your workflow and reduce costs.
- Single-click checkout process to reduce the number of steps and reduce the risk of cart abandonment.
- Multi-channel selling capabilities, which means you can sell your products across multiple platforms and marketplaces.
- Customization options that allow you to tailor your website to your brand's unique look and feel.
- Excellent customer support that is available 24/7 to assist you with any queries or issues you may face.
Still, thinking of alternatives to Shopify to build your online store? Study these pointers of the above guide and download Typof now!
Let's ace your online business.
2. Second Shopify Alternative is Magento
Magento is an open-source eCommerce platform which means it is completely free to use. One of the most significant reasons to switch to Magento is the availability of exclusive customization characteristics. The list of its stunning features includes cloud delivery, robust data warehousing, ERP integration, availability of various payment processors, site search, product management, dropshipping, marketing tools, international support and much more. It supports huge inventory orders. Magento allows the integration of most of the third-party apps. It is known for its high speed and is on a mission to become the fastest eCommerce store in the world.
Merits of using Magento Stores
- Being an open-source platform, Magento is highly customisable and flexible.
- Magento will not charge a commission on every sale done. So, no transaction cost absolutely.
- Magneto is super scalable as it allows multi-channel selling, varied languages, a worldwide shipping facility and much more.
Demerits of using Magento Stores:
- You have to be tech-savvy to build your store on Magento. Thus, high-level skills are necessary.
- When you attach extensions, the prices rise steeply.
- Limited support system.
3. Third Shopify Alternative is Weebly
Weebly is another best drag and drop eCommerce platform and a website builder most appropriate for small scale businesses in the market. Compared to Shopify, it has much fewer tools and features to construct your online store. But yes, Weebly has a very user-friendly interface. It is the cheapest option for those who just want to use the basic available features to create their online store. It is easy and convenient to use. But, this simplistic nature would not make your online business scalable. Thus, it is the go-to-eCommerce platform for beginners only.
Merits of using Weebly:
- Pretty inexpensive and affordable to entrepreneurs who are starting up.
- Weebly has a user-friendly interface and tools.
- There is the availability of a free trial, unlike in most of the eCommerce platforms.
Demerits of using Weebly:
- Not suitable to keep a large inventory of products, so is their inventory management.
- There is no support for multi-channel selling, so the sellers cannot showcase their products to third-party social media apps.
- Weebly has limited features and tools.
- Not suitable for larger businesses.
4. Fourth Shopify Alternative is Dukaan
Dukaan is an Indian eCommerce platform that helps local merchants and traders to start their online stores.It is convenient and easy to start. You can start your online store from your android phone only and that for absolutely free. No technical skills are required at all. The features include multiple payment processors, customisable domains, and so on. Dukaan offers sellers the options of content marketing tools too in the paid versions of the platform.
Merits of using Dukaan:
- Payment flexibility is offered.
- Dukaan also offers content marketing tools and features.
- Best for Small Businesses
Demerits of using Dukaan
- Transaction cost is incurred at every sale.
- Doesn't support multi-channel selling
- Fixed number of templates
- Customisation requires huge efforts
5. Fifth Shopify Alternative is Squarespace
Squarespace is another giant eCommerce platform and Shopify alternative that has a wide range of designer templates. No web development knowledge is needed at all. The site is safe for your visitors as Squarespace is certified with SSL. It has an impressive inventory management system which has boosted its functionality. The templates are beautifully made. But, it charges higher than most of the Shopify alternatives. The features and marketing tools offered are not as much as Shopify does. Plus, it does not support multi-channel selling.
Merits of using Squarespace
- No transaction fee is charged on sales as most Shopify alternatives.
- Stunning designer templates are available on Squarespace.
- The setting up process is simpler for Entrepreneurs.
Demerits of using Squarespace
- Squarespace does not enable multi-channel selling.
- Nor can you use most of the payment processors except Stripe and Paypal. Indian entrepreneurs face difficulty in using this platform.
- It is one of the highly charged eCommerce platforms.
6. Sixth Shopify Alternative is WooCommerce
WooCommerce, one of the biggest competitors of Shopify is an open-source, free of cost eCommerce platform. It is highly customisable and has many advanced features in its paid version. However, WooCommerce needs the users to be WordPress savvy and have the know-how of the WordPress website. So first time users find it difficult to build their store. Also, it offers much flexibility when it comes to choosing design layouts.
Merits of using WooCommerce
- There is full ownership and control over the content on the platform.
- It is open-source, i.e no charges at all.
- Great content marketing and Search Engine Optimization mechanism.
- Exclusive designer templates are available.
Demerits of using WooCommerce
- Prior coding knowledge is required to build the online store.
- WooCommerce is not hosted by itself, it needs to be managed by third-party apps.
- Only offers support in the form of documents and FAQs, unlike the dedicated support offered by Shopify.
Till now we saw a variety of eCommerce platforms which were the main competitors of Shopify. Most of these platforms lack some or other features and tools. For instance, some do not support multi-channel selling but do not charge additional transaction fees as commission on every sale performed. While other platforms might support multi-channel selling but not be apt for content optimization and SEO.
So a question may arise: is there any eCommerce platform that has the most salient features and tools and is suitable for both small scale and large organisations?
The answer is Yesssssss…..
Thanks to Typof which is the most versatile eCommerce platform.
7. Seventh Shopify Alternative is Big Commerce
The biggest Shopify competitor, BigCommerce as its name suggests, facilitates in the building of websites for bigger businesses. It is most suitable when your online store is in the expansion stage. It is a committed eCommerce platform with advanced in-built sales tools and excellent content management systems.
So the sellers can curate blogs to educate their customers and widen their reach across every nook and corner. It also has a facility of drag and drop editor.
Not just that, sellers can avail multiple channels for selling their products. So whether you want to showcase your commodities on Amazon, Flipkart or eBay, BigCommerce facilitates seamless integration of all these platforms and even smoothly manages your inventory.
Merits of using BigCommerce
- The in-built advanced features of the platform help in smooth functioning, you don’t have to depend on third-party apps.
- BigCommerce supports multi-channel selling, so you can sell your products across a variety of platforms.
- You can choose your favorite payment gateway, that too without any further cost.
Demerits of using BigCommerce :
- Very limited in terms of ownership and control towards its functionality and content.
- No free plan is available with BigCommerce, you just get a 15-day free trial.
- Lack of default multilingual functionality
Compare Shopify Alternatives
You can try other marketplaces to sell online too.